Wright Foundation for the Realization of Human Potential
The Wright Foundation is looking for a take-charge, proactive, and organized IT manager with relevant experience the IT industry and exceptional people skills in to join our growing team. If you are a tech guru looking for the next step then this position may be a great fit for you.
The IT Manager is the in-house expert for all of the Wright Foundation’s operational environments and will function as the sole technology resource, so this position requires handling a broad range of tasks. The Wright Foundation has a decades-long relationship with an IT consulting firm that has served us remotely and as-needed on site, and is now in need of an individual dedicated in-house to keeping the Foundation’s IT functioning to leverage our staff and curriculum in an increasingly online, global education environment. In the first year, this person will be supervised by the existing IT consulting firm, who will continue to consult on overall strategic issues, with the position transition fully in house
The people who work for Wright Foundation enjoy a fast-paced environment where everyone’s contribution makes a difference to the team. Our people are creative thinkers who orient to workability, personal responsibility, and a commitment to learning and growing personally.
You will do well here if you:
* Like fast, and fast-changing, environments
* Are a born troubleshooter
* Are resourceful
* Have a systems mindset and ability to keep thorough documentation
* Have a passion for technology and being a geek is your hobby
Create security in the Wright Foundation workplace, especially when there is an IT problem. To solve problems – and prevent future ones – using smart thinking. To develop yourself as a person as you help the company and its technology develop.
* Track, efficiently manage, and resolve all IT issues reported by staff and students, both individual workstations and larger system/network issues
* Proactively identify potential technological issues and needed improvements, propose solutions for approval, place orders with approved vendors, implement plans, test, and educate staff and students
* Communicate and coordinate as needed between the Wright Foundation and outside technological consultants and vendors
* Work to establish repeatable best practices and redundant systems to ensure the technological and communication needs of the Wright Foundation are met
* Three (3) years of of IT client service or similar account management experience with a minimum of one (1) year in the IT industry in technical support experience in user/help desk support
* Experience providing end-user support such as management of anti-spyware and anti-virus utilities, basic networking, telephony, printing, password resets, profile migrations, and more.
* Excellent communication, user education, and process documentation skills
* Work well both independently and as a member of a high-performance team
* Ability to meet deadlines, and work with colleagues who are under pressure/deadlines
* Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
* Excellent logic and problem-solving skills
* Ability to evaluate company/user needs and make recommendations for system improvements and upgrades
* A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to Elkhorn, Wisconsin, campus as needed (personal vehicle not required)
If you have solid experience, a very strong work ethic, and a healthy sense of humor, we want to hear from you.
Who We Are: The Wright Foundation is a mission-based non-profit organization dedicated to learning, growing and the realization of human potential. We are a training and leadership organization that offers trainings, events, and programs dedicated to bringing out the best in the individual. Wright is a high-velocity, high-learning environment. Employees have many opportunities for professional growth and learning. We are looking for a team player who is ready to put in time, energy, and dedication into their work. The office is in the Streeterville neighborhood of Chicago, IL.
Our Mission Statement: Our purpose is to live authentic, radiant lives, and to support others to unleash their potential by consciously engaging in their own transformation and leadership, for the advancement of humanity and sustainable living on the planet. What You Get: With our innovative team empowerment structure, you can expect to learn to hone your talents and time-management skills to where you are performing at a level you never thought you could achieve. We offer access to trainings, room for advancement, and lots of fulfillment. If you are committed to excellence, fulfilling your potential, and engaging fully in the adventure of life, join our team!
How to Apply: In an effort to set up prospective employees to succeed in our fast-paced environment, we ask that you complete three tests: one aptitude test (language, math, and logic), one personality test, and a very brief typing test. The system also asks that you upload a resume. You will need a quiet computer workstation with internet access, a pen, and some scratch paper. Some assessments are timed, so make sure you have arranged to be distraction-free.
You will need approximately 45 minutes to complete the tests, which must be done in one sitting.
When you are ready, please visit https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-MK5IXPYIR
You’ll be given instructions to create your profile and begin the testing. Testing must be completed for interview to be scheduled.
*Must have a college degree
*Must have a typing speed of above 60wpm