Director of Development
The Director of Development for the Wright Foundation for the Realization of Human Potential will create, design, implement, and oversee activities and programs to enhance and promote the future growth and development of the Wright Foundation through fundraising and development, in partnership with the Foundation CEO and Board of Directors. These efforts will increase donations and gifts as well as awareness of, positive image of, and support of the foundation and the foundation’s mission locally, nationally, and globally of a world that works for everyone. This position is responsible for development, strategy, oversight, and implementation of all fundraising and development efforts to meet goals.
The director develops, cultivates, and maintains relationships in the full Wright Foundation community. Fundraising responsibilities include but are not limited to: Build Wright program ownership to fully execute the donor/ambassador/board cultivation strategy including all related events (tours, giving society events, CEO breakfasts, annual fundraiser), communication responsibilities include managing overall organizational communications related to development through annual reports, e-newsletter, webpage design and content for development, media relations and social media vis a vis development and community, volunteer management and engagement, board engagement, and donor support systems and structures.
General Statement of Duties:
* Plans, strategizes, coordinates, and implements the Wright Foundation’s development program in partnership with the CEO.
* Owns the supervision, coordination, and successful implementation of the Annual fundraising/Ask event.
* Establishes, cultivates, and maintains ongoing professional relationships with current and potential donors, gift prospects, and benefactors.
* Assists administration in preparing and managing a Development Office operating budget.
* Assists in implementation of the strategic plan as it pertains to development goals.
* Undertakes initiatives to enhance effectiveness in marketing and public relations for the above.
* Provides leadership for the creation, update, and management of all records relating to all development and donation activities (individual, giving society, corporate, etc.).
* Directs support staff and volunteers on development department tasks as appropriate.
* Enhances competence through study and participation in conferences, workshops, and professional related organizations.
* Effectively participates on the Wright Foundation overall team and staff.
* Effectively directs external support staff, community, and volunteer engagement programs.
* Actively solicits major gifts from any and all prospects/constituents of the Wright Foundation network, thereby securing financial support for the Wright Foundation.
* Maintains a broad and deep knowledge of current best practices, rules, policies, guidelines and procedures related to fund development activities, and ensures that all development office conduct, activities, systems, and procedures strictly adhere to the highest ethical, accounting, reporting, and any other applicable standards.
* Oversees the production of all fund development-related publications and collateral, including (but not limited to) direct mail campaigns, electronic and print newsletters and other communications, the Annual Report, and website content to support Scholars Unlimited fund- and friend-raising goals and activities.
* Owns and oversees the process of donor and potential donor management, tracking, activity, and research.
The ideal Director of Development is an active member of the Wright Foundation community and is able to articulate and live the mission and vision of Wright Foundation. They maintain standards of professional competence, adheres to a professional code of ethical conduct and exhibit a strong work ethic. They drive outcomes, deliverables, and proactively communicates results to CEO and Board, while still remaining personable, professional, and count-on-able—works well with faculty and staff, constituents, students, volunteers, and others. They are able to organize and delegate duties to a number of staff and volunteers where appropriate and exhibit the ability to evolve with the job position as needed to support the mission of the Wright Foundation.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Proficient ability to embrace and integrate fundraising-specific software and systems
* Must be organized, possess the ability to multi-task, and exhibit a commitment to meet project deadlines
* Requires initiative, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to maintain organized files
* Exhibits strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Exhibits good communication skills (written and oral)
* Exhibits sound judgment, discretion, and a commitment to honor a high level of confidentiality
* Demonstrates experience with pipeline management
* Bloomerang experience preferred
Who We Are: The Wright Foundation is a mission-based non-profit organization dedicated to learning, growing and the realization of human potential. We are a training and leadership organization that offers trainings, events, and programs dedicated to bringing out the best in the individual. Wright is a high-velocity, high-learning environment. Employees have many opportunities for professional growth and learning. We are looking for a team player who is ready to put in time, energy, and dedication into their work. The office is in the Streeterville neighborhood of Chicago, IL.
Our Mission Statement: Our purpose is to live authentic, radiant lives, and to support others to unleash their potential by consciously engaging in their own transformation and leadership, for the advancement of humanity and sustainable living on the planet. What You Get: With our innovative team empowerment structure, you can expect to learn to hone your talents and time-management skills to where you are performing at a level you never thought you could achieve. We offer access to trainings, room for advancement, and lots of fulfillment. If you are committed to excellence, fulfilling your potential, and engaging fully in the adventure of life, join our team!
How to Apply: In an effort to set up prospective employees to succeed in our fast-paced environment, we ask that you complete three tests: one aptitude test (language, math, and logic), one personality test, and a very brief typing test. The system also asks that you upload a resume. You will need a quiet computer workstation with internet access, a pen, and some scratch paper. Some assessments are timed, so make sure you have arranged to be distraction-free.
You will need approximately 45 minutes to complete the tests, which must be done in one sitting.
When you are ready, please visit https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-VIG963RZM
You’ll be given instructions to create your profile and begin the testing. Testing must be completed for interview to be scheduled.
*Must have a college degree
**Must have a typing speed above 60 wpm